If you are looking for someone skilled in community TV production or facilitation, we would be happy to place your job posting here. We will also include job postings in periodic e-mailed newsletters that we send to our members.
If you are interested in job postings in community media in the US, please e-mail us. We frequently get them, but do not routinely post them below.
Organization: CHET TV, Chetwynd, BC
Deadline: immediate opening
CHET TV is a community-based television station licensed by the CRTC specialising in local programs about the community of Chetwynd and the surrounding areas. CHET TV is on air in the community, on Channel 40 on local cable and on Channel 655 on Bell Satellite TV. CHET TV works in tandem with Peace FM, a community radio station.
CHET TV has an excellent health package and a progressive salary schedule, plus a furnished apartment is waiting our new employee. A rent subsidy is in place. Salary is commensurate with qualifications.
The successful applicant will work with our present producer to generate, produce and coordinate local programming. The Successful Candidate will:
- Videotape, edit, and report community news and events, conduct interviews and create story ideas for broadcast using our HD format.
- Produce, videotape and edit community and corporate videos
- Do reads and an occasional shift on air at Peace FM
- Represent CHET TV and Peace FM at community events.
- Program shows on community TV using 360;
- Have the ability to be self-motivated, independent and creative.
- Degree or Diploma from a Video or Television program
- Camera operating experience is a must!
- Non Linear Editing experience; experience with Edius an asset
- Graphics experience with Photoshop is important.
- Website design and HTML experience an asset
Please submit your resume, cover letter, demo or website address to:
Leo Sabulsky (email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org)
General Manager – Peace FM/CHET TV